slatevfx is recruiting a Data Wrangler with industry experience to work on current projects. The position is based in our Sydney office at Fox Studios.
- Coordinate client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries maintaining logs of all.
- Convert large volumes of media to various formats, codecs, resolution
- Manage sequence and shot turnovers to VFX, including all elements and reference plates,
- Generate count sheets and plate line-up information, entering data into the online shot tracking database (FTrack)
- Ensuring shot file structure is maintained and adhered to
- Track editorial issues such as shot lengths, handles, scan requests
- Be responsible for monitoring disk servers, performing backups/restores, and handling incoming/outgoing data transfers (under the guidance of the Systems Team)
- Archive electronic files on the Luma network
- Quality control checks of all VFX shots submitted for delivery;
- Provide support to artists, as needed
- A minimum of 1 years experience as an IO or VFX Data Wrangler
- Proficient computer skills with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management and Microsoft Office and Apple/MAC applications.
- Be proficient with both Windows and Mac. Linus experience is a bonus
- A strong work ethic
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Extensive experience working with editing and compositing software
- Proficient organisation and management of visual/digital data
- Understand basic compositing and editorial concepts (After Effects / Final Cut / Avid)
- Basic command line knowledge
- Familiarity with various media file formats/codecs