Senior FX Artist
slatevfx is recruiting a talented FX Artist with feature experience to work on current projects. The position is based in our Sydney office at Fox Studios.
This role requires a range of FX experience utilizing Houdini in the generation of small scale fluid simulations, smoke, fire and explosion effects, Particle based FX and vellum cloth simulations.
- Execute FX simulations working primarily in Houdini with the ability to work efficiently on a variety of tasks.
- Develop Workflows and tools for efficiently generating effects for sequences
- Light and render FX passes for shot usage
- Develop the look of the effects within a sequence context with the supervisionteam
- Problem solve interoperability of FX caches with Maya
- Be creative and proactive in executing all shots in a sequence
- Proven and demonstrable 5+ years experience in high-end CG for feature films
- In-depth knowledge of FX techniques, workflow within Houdini
- Lighting and look development for photoreal FX in Mantra or Arnold
- Thorough understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues