Senior Nuke Compositor VFX
slatevfx is recruiting a Senior Nuke Compositor VFX with feature experience to work on current projects. The position is based in our Sydney office at Fox Studios.
- Accountable for producing high quality digital composites and visual effects for feature films and television.
- Seamlessly integrate the various layers or elements of a live-action shot.
- Strong sense of colour, colour-space and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to do any required tracking (both 2D and 3D).
- Able to work on the most intricate and demanding shots.
- Able to follow production process and develop creative methodologies and problem-solving.
- Proficient in using 2.5d approaches, projections and using 3D environments within Nuke.
- You work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisors to composite the many elements that complete visual effects shot.
- Work in partnership with all departments to ensure shots are produced and delivered to the very highest standard.
- Mentor and lead junior compositors ensuring the best practices are being used.
- Minimum 7 years PHOTO REAL feature film experience in live action films.
- Practiced knowledge of Nuke compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates.
- Experience using multi-pass CG elements.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with Maya is considered an asset.
- Developer / script writing skills considered an asset.
Reporting to the Lead Compositor and the Head of Department, you will be responsible for creating multi-layered composites for live action feature films and television series.
You are a professional who works collaboratively with your team and those working in other departments around you. You are an exceptional time manager and forward thinker who delivers to schedule and on brief. You have formerly been responsible for creating complex composites that incorporate naturalistic effects simulation, environments and matte painting and native live action elements.
Your ability to deliver is highly regarded by your previous supervisors. As a professional compositor, you continually provide confidence to your production team through regular updates. You maintain clarity and focus when crunch time hits and know what is expected of you. You maintain a good working relationship with others and are proactive in solving issues.